Thursday, April 26, 2018

Ride on a Ferris Wheel

To be honest, I find Ferris-wheel rides extremely boring. Unlike roller-coasters, they simply lack the thrill factor.

The tickets to get on these wheels don't usually come cheap. You sit in the gondola for about 10 minutes, go around for maybe 2 or 3 times and then it's over. The reason the ride is so short is that if it goes any longer than that, people would die of boredom.

I would love to try an open-air Ferris wheel. I think if you could feel the wind in your hair and the sun on your skin, it would be a little more exciting.

Ferris wheels look pretty from afar, especially with the sky as the backdrop. They remind you of childhood and of popcorn and candyfloss. And it's kind of romantic to sit there and enjoy the view from the top with your partner, although you usually have to share the gondola with other people. I guess it does have its own charm, but I'd only get on one if somebody else is paying for it. 😄

These photos below were taken in Fremantle in 2016. You can see the harbor behind me.

 

And these were taken in Hong Kong: