Sunday, October 4, 2015

Register as an Organ Donor

I had previously registered online to become an organ donor, and they mailed me a card that I was supposed to keep with my ID and carry with me all the time, so that in the event of sudden death, they would know to act immediately to save my organs. It sounds so morbid, but yah... you could save a life or two. Anyway, I lost my wallet and with it, the card. (What else is new, right?)


I tried registering again, but no matter how many times I did it, they never mailed me another card. Perhaps it was because they already had my name in their database, or perhaps they just weren't as efficient as before.

All I got was this page saying that they had received my application and that my card will be mailed to me within 3 weeks. (It's been months). They also reminded me to inform my close friends and family of my 'noble intention', in case they fail to mail the card, I suppose.

At least now I'm letting the world know.



2018: Latest update: I finally received my card in the mail!