Thursday, May 28, 2015

Visit Seoul


2012: Having watched several Korean TV series, I had harbored dreams of one day visiting this beautiful country and its flawlessly beautiful people. And perhaps take one home.

Coincidentally, there were a few Korean interns at the restaurant where I worked. I exchanged email addresses with one of the girls, and promised to visit her the first chance I got. So when AirAsia offered cheap tickets to Seoul, I quickly grabbed it.

I went in spring but missed the cherry blossoms. The weather was a bit chilly for me, but still comfortable enough for skimpy dresses. Haha.







 

I spent one night in a jjimjilbang with a lot of naked girls, ate a lot of kimchi till I smelt like one, stayed at
 the Korean intern's house...



..did a lot of sightseeing on my own...





..visited Seoul Tower...


 

..and met up with my ex-schoolmate whom I hadn't seen for more than 10 years. She was there doing her degree in engineering, and could speak Korean!





Oh, and I also missed my flight home.