Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Work in a Restaurant

2008: I started working in restaurants when I was still in college. It was mostly fast-food then, starting with KFC and then Kenny Rogers, McDonald's and Manhattan Fish Market, before I moved on to casual dining.

Cashiering during Hari Raya at Malone's
The first restaurant I worked at was The Apartment Downtown/Malone's KLCC where I was a hostess cum cashier.

Dome KLCC
The next one was La Bodega Pavilion where I lasted only a short while. It was a great restaurant with great people, and a perfect place to learn more about food and beverages, but I just didn't like the location.

So I moved back to KLCC, this time working as a hostess in Dome. But that restaurant was just impossible. It was back-breaking, with crazy working hours and I don't have any kind words to describe some of the managers and supervisors.

I went up one floor and worked at Ben's next, as a server. I worked there for almost two years, and had a lot of memorable experience, both good and bad.

That's me bussing tables


Celebrating my manager's birthday



Waitressing is a fun and fulfilling job if you find the right restaurant and if you can handle the grueling hours. I think it is something everyone should do at some point of their lives. What I aim to do next is become a bartender.