Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Successfully Sell Something Online

I used to shop a lot. Although I didn't have much money, whatever that I did have, must be spent down to the last cent, especially on clothes, accessories and beauty products. If by the end of a shopping spree, I still had RM10 left, I'd feel like a failure. Sometimes I'd find an apparel that I really fell in love with, and I'd wear it till it was no longer wearable. Sometimes dresses got shoved to the back of the closet forever, still with the price tag on. I was not one to throw things away, so things continued to pile up. I was often filled with guilt and anxiety every time I opened the closet.

Finally I decided to spring clean my life, starting with the closet. Comfy everyday clothes, pajamas and sweaters went to the charity box. Dresses were kept aside to be sold off. I managed to sell a few at a bazaar, but there weren't many other opportunities to sell after that. I knew I could set up a blog, but I was too lazy. And I had to photograph the dresses too, and mail them to customers. Ugh, too much work.

So the pile of dresses sat there for a couple more years, staring at me each time I walked into the room. They were too small to be worn anyway. Enough was enough, I thought, when I eventually created an account on Carousell. Even then, I was still evading customers, ignoring their inquiries, giving all sorts of excuses when they asked about an item. Again, because I was too lazy to go through the selling and mailing process. (Please don't hire me to work in business).

But there was one persistent customer who never gave up, so I relented. She transferred the money to me, and I had no choice but to drag myself to the post office. And I'm happy to announce that I have just successfully sold two dresses online! Yeah!!