Friday, May 1, 2015

Connect with Past Teachers

I have several of my old teachers from primary school, secondary school and college on my Facebook, but for the most part, we never really interacted with each other. They appear on my news feed sometimes, and that's pretty much it.

However, there's one teacher whom I've made quite an effort to stay in touch with. She's my favorite of all time, the one who inspired me to believe in myself and to go further in life, although perhaps not in the direction that she intended me to. For all the potential that she thought I had when I was in her class, I'm pretty sure she'd be more than a little disappointed if she knew how my life finally turned out. But that's not going to stop me from sending her postcards from places I traveled to, and greeting cards on Teacher's Day every year for the past 14 years.