Monday, May 4, 2015

Watch a Show at the Philharmonic Orchestra


2010: If you have read my previous posts, you would know that there was this kind old man who liked to take me out and show me around, paid for everything without actually wanting anything in return.

He took me to my first Philharmonic Orchestra show at KLCC. The show he took me to was Tchaikovsky ballet Sleeping Beauty. I was really looking forward to seeing ballerinas in tutus, because it would be my first time watching a ballet though I knew I probably wouldn't be able to understand it.


When we got there though, there was no ballerina in sight. It was just a recording shown on a projector, and the stars of the show were of course, the musicians. I was nodding off halfway. As much as I loved classical music, I could not see the appeal of watching musicians play for hours, especially as I did not have any musical background to be fully able to appreciate it.

But after that, I did go to some other shows on my own, mostly matinee shows in the afternoon when I'd be more awake, and ones where there were singers performing. And they were cheaper too. How I loved watching sopranos perform. It was truly a childhood dream come true.