Sunday, May 3, 2015

Learn Yoga


2011: My first introduction to yoga was when I joined Fitness First. That was my first time having a gym membership because I thought it was a good idea. I'm not saying it's a bad idea in general, but when you're earning RM1k per month, living in KL, and ending up with only about RM40 per month for food, you've really got to learn to set your priority straight.


I didn't know yoga could be so tiring. I thought it was just sitting down cross-legged and chanting "Om". I told you I grew up in a cave.

So I was on to a great surprise when I went to my first class. There were three-legged dogs, cats, eagles, crocodiles, pigeons, peacocks, crows... there sure were a damn lot of animals in there.

I joined several more times over the year and after I quit the gym, I do it on my own, but of course there is less motivation and discipline. I follow yoga enthusiasts on Instagram for inspiration. So this is what I do in my free time: