Sunday, August 2, 2015

Have a Mani/Pedi

I don't know why I never had a manicure/pedicure before. It's true that I'm not a girly girl, and most of the time I just can't be bothered with my looks, but despite that, I had treated myself to spas and saunas, massages and facials, and once a hair treatment at a fairly expensive salon. However, I always found better ways to spend my money than to have a manicure. I suppose it was mainly because my job didn't allow me to wear nail polish, and because I always hand-washed my clothes, so the polish wouldn't likely last very long.



2015: I was in Thailand, and as everybody knows, there are many cheap massage parlors there that also do manicures and pedicures. I decided, for once, to show my toes what being pampered was all about. So they washed my feet and soaked them, trimmed the nails and filed the edges, removed the cuticles, and smoothed the callouses. And then they painted my nails and fanned them to dry. I couldn't help but think of satay.