Saturday, May 23, 2015

Couchsurf

Couchsurfing is a social network for travelers around the world where you can find a host to stay with in the country that you are planning to visit. After each stay you can then write a testimonial for each other, based on your experience with them, be it positive, negative or neutral. You gain your credentials from the number of positive references written about you by other members. Best of all, it's free!

Two Couchsurfers I met in Christchurch
2011: My first Couchsurfing experience was in Bali Indonesia where I joined the Couchsurfing gathering and had a wild party. I have met many wonderful hosts and travelers through the community since then, and the experience of living like a local in the countries I've visited is just priceless. It is hands down a thousand times better than any package tours can offer. Apart from surfing, I occasionally join events organised by my local community. These are pictures taken with some of the friends I've made through Couchsurfing.



Bruges
Brussels

Luxembourg


Amsterdam

Paris
Melbourne
Taipei
Taipei
Taipei

Melbourne
Yangon
Sydney




Travelers from Spain and China

Showing them around my neighborhood

Taught them how to eat rice with their fingers