Thursday, April 2, 2015

Join a Dance Class

Don't ask me about the band-aid

I love dancing. It is one of my most favorite things to do. Every time music plays, I get the itch to get up and dance. What is life if you couldn't loosen up and dance?

Me taking on the stage. I'm glad the picture's blurry

The problem is I've got two left feet that no amount of dance lesson is going to fix. I have a hard time dancing to choreography or to synchronize with a partner. But I did try.

Sometimes, when I don't know what I'm doing, I just laugh.

2010: I joined Latin and Ballroom classes at YMCA Kuala Lumpur. Some of the students were very experienced. So they were always partnered with each other. My partner was as much a beginner as I was and we were always stepping on each other's feet. I was in the class for about three months and all I learnt was 1-2-cha-cha-cha.


As a group, we had had dance parties and I even performed at the YMCA Chinese New Year dinner. It was embarrassing.

Sequin dress! What was I thinking?!

This was my dance partner

Now I still remember a little bit of salsa and cha cha but none of waltz or swing or foxtrot.