Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Ride a Horse

2010: The first time I rode a horse was at the mini zoo at KL Tower. It was a pony actually, not that I know the difference, except that a pony is shorter?




There was a weight limit of 40kg. I was about 10 kg over limit, but they let me ride anyway. I can't remember how much it was, because somebody else paid. It was some random tourist I met who, for no reason, offered to pay. Don't ask why.






Poor pony, I hope I didn't hurt his/her back.

2018: The second time I rode a horse was 8 years later, when I went hiking in Naranag, Kashmir. We had asked for a horse for my partner because she hurt her ankle a week before our trip, so she couldn't walk very far. The horse we got turned out to be a very young one--a four-year-old colt. He wasn't much taller than the pony I rode in KL.

However, after 10 minutes on the horse, my partner got scared and wanted to get off it. She said she'd rather walk. Unable to resist the opportunity, I took over. The horseman led the horse all the way. He let me hold the reins once, but I didn't know how to steer and the horse kept going the wrong way. So now I know that not only am I a hopeless car driver, I'm also a hopeless horse rider.