Friday, May 29, 2015

Go Paragliding


2015: I did this in Pokhara, Nepal, a place known for extreme sports such as paragliding, parahawking, bungee-jumping, zip-lining and white-water rafting. Due to financial constraints, my partner and I had to opt for only one activity and forego the video-taping service.

Early in the morning, we had to wait for our team to pick us up at our booking agent. We were then transported to the take-off point called Sarangkot. On a clear weather, you would be able to see the surrounding snow-capped mountains which would have made for very cool and enviable pictures. However, luck was not on our side, as it was very hazy.


We were very nervous.


Yay, I'm all geared up!

My tandem partner is a Bob-Marley lookalike. He's been flying for 11 years



Take-off time!
During take-off, you have to run off the cliff till your feet are off the ground and you're flying! Then all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the flight, as your partner does all the work. He would take you higher or lower following your instruction. Mine took me high above the valleys and across the lake where we did some acrobatic paragliding stunts. It was exhilarating. Too bad I didn't have a camera with me to record my experience in the air. I did actually have my phone with me, but I was too scared to take it out of my pocket for fear that I'd drop it.