Sunday, April 19, 2015

Attend a Black Tie

2010: All I remember about this was that it was a charity gala dinner. It was held at Hilton KL, where there were some artwork worth thousands of dollars being showcased before the dinner started. There was some show on stage, I suppose, but I was really too wasted to notice anything. I can't even remember what food they served. I only remember a lot of Sauvignon Blanc.



Black-tie events are usually all about long dresses, but somehow I thought I could get away with an above-the-knees one. I spent the whole night feeling self-conscious about my dress.



We shared a table with about 10 impeccably-dressed people who talked about things I knew zilch about. That got me totally flustered so I had to keep drinking to calm my nerves. I bet they saw what an impostor I was, pretending as though I belonged there, among them.


That was my first and my last.


I looked like I was ready for bed.