Saturday, March 7, 2015

See the Eiffel Tower

2013: I regret to say that Paris was a disappointment to me. Perhaps I put my expectation up too high, perhaps it was because I dislike cities in general, or perhaps it was the countless street beggars and homeless immigrants who kept pestering everyone, but I failed to see why everybody wants to go to Paris, why it was the place to be.

I guess people who are really into arts and architecture would have enjoyed it better. I never even went inside the Louvre.









Food, to me was just okay, too expensive and a bit too bland for my liking. After a few days, I got tired of the baguettes and cheeses, and began craving for something with chili and coconut milk.

Foie gras

The only consolation was that wine was cheap. And that Eiffel Tower was as beautiful as it looked on postcards. I didn't go up the top though, because the queue was long and I wasn't allowed to carry my backpack with me.

Nevertheless I did manage to take some pictures of this most revered icon of the City of Love.

Maybe I should take one home.




I had enough oil on my face to fry a fish