Friday, March 6, 2015

Appear on TV

2011: A friend of mine was helping her friend find a talent for a commercial shoot. It was to promote a local radio station, and she asked me if I would take the job. Of course I would! As if I had anything better to do with my life. It was my first time acting in front of a camera, and as you can expect, it was nerve-wrecking. I didn't have any spectacular acting skill to begin with; add to that my total lack of experience, and you get a total disaster. I think they absolutely regretted asking me, and the commercial only aired a few times on TV, for less than a month. Needless to say, that was the last and only time I ever landed any acting job.

All eyes on me
The director at work
See the trepidation
Ooh, it's so near my face!

The hair-and-makeup session took hours! The actual shooting was only a small fraction of that. The whole thing took up half a day, almost, it was amazing to see how much work had to be done for only a few seconds of airtime. But I got paid RM600 cash on the spot, and I didn't even have to say a single line. Oh, how lovely a life as an actor is!


The production crew


You can watch the commercial on YouTube, although you probably shouldn't: