Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Dine in the Dark

When I lived in Bukit Bintang, I used to pass by Dine in the Dark everyday. It intrigued me to no end, and I had always wanted to try it. Now I was not usually the type to wait around for someone to take me on adventures. If I wanted to do something, I'd simply go and do it, preferably on my own. But I figured this particular experience was best shared with someone. So I waited. Then I met my partner, but unfortunately she wasn't the adventurous type, especially when it came to food. So I had to put it off again, until recently when I, at long last, managed to persuade her to give it a try. And it was decided--we would have our Valentine's dinner there.

We usually try to avoid celebrating Valentine's on the same day as everyone else, because everywhere would be overcrowded and overpriced. So we would either celebrate before or after February 14th. This year our Valentine's Day came one week early. I booked a table using Tableapp, where we paid only RM120 per person, instead of the normal price of RM130++...