Monday, May 4, 2015

Go Hiking

Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve, Kuala Lumpur
Hiking, bush-walking, tramping, I've done it all. Even in my hometown, walking is the primary way for me to get from one place to another if the distance is walkable. In dresses or shirts, in sneakers or heels, I walk. That should be my motto or something.

2012: In New Zealand, I went hiking with two other travelers, one from Taiwan and the other from Holland. We went to Akaroa, and watched the sunset on top of a grassy hill.



This is one of the rare times that I'm the shortest in the picture



2012: A short hike in Melbourne with my host to see a waterfall and spot koalas.


Look at that cute thing!

2014: Went hiking up Broga Hill with my colleagues. The place was far from Kuala Lumpur, so we had to depart early in the morning, or late at night, depending on how you look at it. We had to use flashlights to go up, and it had rained the day before so it was a bit slippery. I had no problem climbing up but had a hard time going down, much to the amusement of my friends.

I do hope someday I will be able to do a long-distance multi-day hike.